Honestly, the work of security guards is not easy at all. Their job is quite stressful and even dangerous in some situations. Therefore, those of who are thinking of taking training on this course or want to take this as their profession, they should have the ability to deal with adverse situations.
Security guard course
Not all country is well known for providing training on security courses. If you are living in Australia, you must have seen the amount of tight security provided over there. It is because of their training. Australia is well known for providing high level security training, which includes both theoretical and practical training. And once they complete the course, they can apply for the license of crowd controller and security guard with the WA police.
In most of security training centres, a crowd control course in Perth is also available. Through this course trainees can also learn ways of handling the crowd in different situations. Along with this training, they also provide training in terrorism awareness.
Let us have a look at some of the units included in this course:
1. Communicating and working effectively in security industries
2. Responding to security risk situations
3. Providing security services to its clients
4. Providing first aid
5. Working as a part of security team
6. Controlling access in premises
7. Patrolling in premises
8. Use of defensive techniques
9. Managing conflicts
10. Crowd controlling using empty hand techniques
Advantages of security guarding
• Prevention from crime: Attackers and thieves often target those places where security facilities lack. Professional security companies and security training centres train their trainees in such a manner that they are always on hunt for suspicious activities, and often they can suspect a criminal before they commit any kind of crime. Having a security guard on premises proves that one is very much serious as well as strict about the safety of their people, business, etc.
• Peace of mind: Having security guards on premises provides a sense of security among people, and helps them to concentrate on their work, rather than worrying about their safety and security. Even when customers get to see tight security and security guards in high-end business premises, they realize that the business cares about the safety of their clients and will take possible measures for it when in need.
• Monitoring: Security guards not only patrol on the premises, but they also keep a close watch in order to monitor the video cameras, movement of the visitors and tracking shoplifters, etc.